Upcoming Sindh School Teacher Jobs | PST & JEST
A circular was issued on 17th December 2020 by the School Education & Literacy Department, Government of Sindh which informed about the updated policy for the recruitment of schoolteachers. Before this update, the government was to recruit teachers for PST (Primary School Teacher), JST (Junior School Teacher), HST (High School Teacher) and EST (Elementary School Teacher). However, the updated policy intended to recruit (PST) Primary School Teachers BPS-09 and Junior Elementary School Teacher (JEST) BPS-14 through a competitive process.
Syllabus for PST & JEST
Aspirant candidates for PST and JEST will be giving a written test that will comprise three main areas of education.
- Science, Mathematics & Computer Knowledge
- Mother Tongues and Social Studies Including Islamiyat
The test will be conducted from books published by the Sindh Textbook Board (STBB) Jamshoro.
- Books Class I to VIII for Primary School Teachers (PST) BPS-09
- Books Class VI to Class X for junior Elementary School Teacher (JEST) BPS-14
Paper Pattern (PST & JEST)
The testing authority, STS (Sukkur IBA Testing Service) has given a paper pattern for the candidates who will be appearing for the PST and JEST test.
Part -I Mother Tongue (Urdu/Sindhi) 15 Questions
Part-II Social Studies, Current Affairs, General Knowledge/Islamiyat/Ethics & Computer Knowledge 15 Questions
Part-III English 20 Questions
Part-IV Mathematics 25 Questions
Part-V General Science 25 Questions
For Non-Muslim Candidates: They will have the option to attempt MCQs on Islamic Studies or the same number of questions of a section entitled 'Ethics.'
The government has set the following criteria for recruiting schoolteachers.
- Candidates need to pass each part of the test by 45% while the overall percentage of passing the test will be 55%
- The official circular advises the candidates to prepare before appearing for the test as the recruitment process will be purely on merit basis.
Since there will be a lot of hiring for the Sindh Education and Literacy Department teachers, the government will be setting a reserved quota. This quota of teaching jobs in Sindh will be for women, minorities, and disabled people as per rules/policy to give everyone an equal opportunity.
The Sindh Education Notification 2020 included that conducting the teacher’s recruitment test will be announced shortly.
Resources for Preparing for PST & JEST
To qualify for the PST and JEST test, here is a list of helpful resources and recommended for better preparation.
1. IBA Sukkur PST & JEST Guide by Dogar Books
The IBA Sukkur PST & JEST Guide by Dogar Books is an ideal and recommended source to prepare for PST and JEST tests. This book is designed based on sample paper given by the STS (Sukkur IBA Testing Service) and the new policy issued by the School Education and Literacy Department, Government of Sindh. Some of the salient features of the book are:
- The book covers multiple subjects like English, Mathematics, Computer Knowledge, Mother Tongues, Social Studies and Islamiyat.
- This book offers 1500+ Practice Questions designed based on PST and JEST sample paper.
- The book is in 3 languages (English, Urdu, and Sindhi)
- The book includes answers with detailed explanations that allow students to improve weak areas and have a solid grasp of concepts.
2. E-Books by STBB (Sindh Textbook Board)
The E-Books by STBB (Sindh Textbook Board) is an online E-Book platform where students can access free books online. The E-Books are from Class I-X and is in all three languages (Sindhi, Urdu, and English). The PDF’s of these books can also be downloaded free of cost.